Supply Chain Leader
Global Supply Chain Leader
Drive to Add Value and Personal Stretch Through Challenging Status Quo
Customer and consumer focused strategic thinker with proven operational abilities, financial grounding and global supply chain experience from planning through execution. Background in multiple environments and industries. Lead and take initiative to exploit opportunities and resolve issues with a long-term perspective.
Passionate about mentoring team members, proactive in driving career goals and personal development. Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels, influencing intelligent decisions, gaining buy-in.
101 SOLUTIONS CONSULTING, Boston, MA 2019
Accelerating potential through exploiting opportunities and problem resolution
VP SUPPLY CHAIN
- Joined new consulting venture, marketing organizational capabilities and converting opportunities with target businesses.
- Built portfolio of clients and opportunity through leveraging connections with business leaders.
- Worked with client and contract factories to secure capacity for new and innovative product lines against challenging timeline, achieved cost effective, rapid, quality result.
CONVERSE INC., Boston, MA
Empowering todays daring spirit of youth through footwear, apparel and accessories - revenue $2B
OPERATIONS STRATEGY DIRECTOR 2017 - 2019
- Led first ever global planning process summit (representing 50+ countries), adopting lean methodology, driving vision, strategic and tactical work plans, elevating capabilities.
- Executed SAP Integrated Business Planning software proof of concept for wholesale / retail / .com businesses, gaining approval against backdrop of many years of under-investment in technology.
- Created strategic roadmap and business case in advance of annual budgeting process, securing funding approval, driving forward with SAP Integrated Business Planning.
- Leveraged best practice driving integrated, automated process for replenishing always available products, for first time targeted to agreed service level (95%) and fill rate (98%).
- Ignited direct shipment program, increasing speed to market by 5 to 14+ days and EBIT contribution of $500K, alleviating distribution capacity constraints and challenging existing metrics.
- Drove clarity of global business performance through harmonizing key metric definitions including authorized futures.
BUSINESS CONSULTING DIRECTOR 2016 - 2017
- Selected by COO to build cross functional team, including 11 experts leveraging SAP and elevating business process by prioritizing and executing to functional priorities, aligning with key strategic initiatives.
- Led transition of 2 key European markets from licensed to owned, driving corporate strategy of brand consistency, revenue and profitability through omni-functional global and regional team.
- Drove and executed first SAP upgrade in absence of Tech Sr. Director / CIO, working through intra and inter Company teams and duration less than 90 days.
- Saved $300k annually through single customer facing initiative, aligning ASN and invoicing dates.
GLOBAL PLANNING DIRECTOR 2012 - 2015
- Earned 1 of 7 Converse 2014 annual Unleashed awards for initiating and driving integration of too complex apparel / accessories into Singapore trading hub, delivering $5m net income annually.
- Re-engineered quick turn t-shirt supply chain for speed to market, reducing order to delivery from 6 months to 21 days, winning Converse 2014 Unleashed award.
- Optimized supply base utilization through leveraging Nike Inc., driving delivery in full on time.
- Served as business lead for 2015 SAP Apparel Footwear Solution implementation, delivering quality solution on time and within budget, enabling team win of Converse 2015 Unleashed award.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS 2006 - 2012
(Footwear through 2008, Apparel / Accessories through 2012)
- Drove growth of apparel / accessories business to 30m units by building IT process, systems and team encompassing planning, purchasing, account management, compliance and technology.
- Added $250K incremental EBIT by driving delivery of North America annual, quarterly and monthly revenue, margin and inventory goals through multi-disciplined team, establishing clearance channel.
- Created visibility and accountability through open to buy and executive review processes, reducing days in inventory from average 125 days to 90, erratic to stable, receiving recognition award.
- Developed first S&OP process and tools encompassing strategic and operating plans, finance, sales, operations, product, and merchandising teams, driving consensus and one number plan.
- Drove 2008 to 2014 distribution strategy approval / sign off, creating toolset to model capacity and throughput scenarios encompassing SKU count, inbound and full / split case outbound volumes.
NIKE INC., Hilversum, The Netherlands
Worlds leading innovator in athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories - revenue $39B
APPAREL SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR 2002 - 2006
- Drove mission critical SAP/I2 initiative, transitioning people, processes and tools for EMEA apparel, leading cross functional team from blueprint to go-live within 12 months, serving as 1 of 4 member leadership team.
- Drove cycle time reduction through key materials commitment, re-engineered cancelation process and organizational accountability, reducing inventory risk, capturing $8M+ EBIT benefit.
- Consolidated global supply base from 250+ to 100 in collaboration with Nike Global, building strategic alliances and volume with key factory partners, reducing product cost and late delivery.
- Transitioned sourcing team focus from cost to profitability, sustainability, delivery precision and craftsmanship by reducing lead time by 30+ days, aligning material source to factory location.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
KINGFISHER plc, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Taiwan
Worlds third largest global retail home improvement business - revenue £12B
FINANCE AND SUPPLY CHAIN ROLES
- Created proposal gaining board approval for Kingfisher Asia Ltd. (KAL), transitioning from agent model, driving group direct to factory sourcing and purchasing, quality and logistics management.
- Managed set up and launch of KAL in Hong Kong, operational within 12-month timeline and £3m budget from blank canvas and hotel base to fully functioning office and cross functional team of 35.
- KAL organization remains in existence and has exceeded £1B in direct sourced merchandise value.
- Project manager of pioneering joint venture, launching first group home improvement store in Asia, Taiwan.
DIAGEO plc, United Kingdom,
Worlds leading premium drinks business - revenue £12B
VARIOUS FINANCE ROLES
- MBA, Master of Business Administration, Strathclyde Business School
- BCom (Hons), Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), University of Liverpool
- AMBA, Association of MBAs
- Alumni, Strathclyde University, New England Alumni collaboration
Opportunity for personal stretch and to challenge the status quo.
Opportunity to work on both strategy and strategy deployment.
Opportunity to lead and positively impact the bottom line.
Opportunity to manage, develop and work with people at all levels of the organization.
Work in United States
Expected Base Salary
**0,000 USD / year
Expected Hourly Rate
Total Professional Experience
Send a connection request to the candidate to get their contact details.Contact Candidate