Frequently Asked Questions about Mirajobs
At Mirajobs, unlike traditional job boards, this is a recruiter who applies to a job seeker. A job seeker's profile is completely anonymous, meaning that it doesn't contain personal information like your name or your current company. That makes your job search safe for your current employment. When you get a proposal from a recruiter, you can reveal your contacts if the opportunity is interesting, or politely reject, or ask for more details while staying anonymous. There are several major benefits coming out of this model:
- Your current employment is safe, so your boss, HR or teammates don't know that you are open for new opportunities.
- You can use your current employment as your "plan B" option when negotiating on a new proposal, which greatly improves your bargaining power compared to looking for a new job while unemployed. Even if your current job is great, things tend to change beyond our control and nobody knows when you would urgently need a new job. So it's better to have opportunities in advance.
- You can passively look for a good opportunity and consider a new proposal without hurry, which also improves your bargaining power on new job offers.
- Stay on the lookout about what's new in the market and what is trending in the industry, know your real worth.
We also suggest reviewing this article.
LinkedIn is a social network that was designed to connect professionals, and thus users are expected to share their real name and current employer as well as their connections and activity stream. Later, on top of that, LinkedIn has added a feature to indicate that a worker is
#opentowork, with limited visibility to recruiters:
However, many found this feature to be highly controversial and posing a serious risk to your current employment. Basically, anyone can sign up for the paid Recruiter Tool and get access to
#opentowork statuses. Basically, Recruiters only is not limited recruiters. Consider the following scenarios:
- Your manager uses LinkedIn and enables Recruiter access in order to expand their team and networking, occasionally finds out that you are "actively applying." How that would affect your relationships, overall trust, career perspectives, promo plans, etc?
- Your HR is sourcing new candidates and notices your status, shares with your manager and/or HRBP.
- Someone external notices your status and notifies your boss or your teammates.
Every time you see this:
Was that your HR? Would they notify your manager if they notice the Open to work badge?
With Mirajobs it's completely different because Mirajobs was designed as the anonymous job search platform from the beginning. You could register a separate email address in order to create your job seeker's profile, and do not enter your real name and your current employer. Only when a recruiter reaches out to you and proposes a job of your dream, you can reveal your identity to that particular recruiter only, via Mirajobs or outside. That means that you have the full control over your privacy and thus you can be sure that there is no any unexpected impact to your current employment.
Data privacy and security are our top priorities. At Mirajobs, we are passionate about modern technologies that help providing the highest level of safety and security to our users. Below are several our features that we are proud of:
- Passwordless authentication - we are using short-lived one-time security tokens.
- Disabled (FLoC tracking), which is enabled by default when using Google Chrome.
- Deep validation of email addresses, to prevent creating fake and disposable accounts.
- No personal information is required. Job seekers can register a separate email address to use for Mirajobs and omit PII (personally-identifiable information) to avoid any links to their real identity.
Create an account and then create as many profiles as you want, each emphasizing your work history and skills. You will only share your contact data with recruiters when you approve their requests.
Mirajobs is the confidential job search platform. The idea is that job seekers publish their anonymous profiles and only share information about their background that isn't personally identifiable. Recruiters then apply to job seekers that match their job needs. In the initial message, a recruiter shares their role and their company details. If the role and the company look interesting, the job seeker reveals their contact details, and declines otherwise. There is also a possibility to ask questions without revealing your contact details just yet.
Because of that, it is expected that when your current employer reviews your profile, they should not be able to identify you. Obviously, that depends on what details you share about yourself in the Summary and Expectation fields. Even if your current employer decides to contact you with a job proposal, you can always politely decline their request and remain anonymous.
Our services are 100% free for jobseekers. We believe that people should be able to change jobs freely, so our mission is to provide a platform that makes this process easier.
Mirajobs is absolutely free for recruiters and employers. No fees associated.
No, we are not. Mirajobs is a free listing supported by a group of volunteers. Employers use the listing on a self-service basis. There are no fees or any obligations from employers or job seekers.
We don't :) Mirajobs is a social project supported by a group of volunteers. Our goal to improve the global job market, by changing the way people change jobs. We sometimes display Google Adsense ads on Mirajobs in order to pay for our servers, traffic bandwidth, Zendesk account etc., however we are a non-profit organization.
If you would like to donate, please contact us.