Looking for Senior Software Engineer role in a top tech company with promising job stability

Tech Career - - Singh777 - OP

Hi Everyone, I have been looking for another software engineering role since August 2022. I feel like I have tried everything from messaging recruiters and people for referrals, to applying to countless job postings, to paying for a service for referrals and interview prep, to preparing for technical interviews all the time, and to signing up to multiple job platforms including this one. Does anyone have any advice on anything different I could do? I even created 3 posts on LinkedIn including my qualifications, situation, resume, and contributions but that did not help much. I am looking for a software engineer role (Software Engineer, Backend Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineer II or III, all levels). I have also applied to companies of all sizes. Seeing the recent layoffs, I care more about the job stability at the company that I will be hired at. Thanks for reading my post and looking forward to anyone's response. Thanks, Tired Jobseeker

1 comments

centurion
Finding a job can be a challenging and time-consuming process, and it's understandable that you're feeling frustrated. Here are some additional things that I would recommend you could try: - Networking: Attend meetups, conferences, or events related to your field, and connect with people there. You never know who might be able to help you in your job search. - LinkedIn: Engage with people in your network by commenting on their posts, liking and sharing their content, and reaching out to them directly to ask for advice or introductions to others in their network. - Leverage your existing network: Reach out to friends, family members, and past colleagues to see if they know of any job openings. - Cold-emailing: If you have a list of companies you'd like to work for, you can try sending them an email introducing yourself and expressing your interest in their company. Be sure to include your resume and relevant links to your portfolio or LinkedIn profile. - Volunteering: Consider volunteering for projects related to your field. This can give you a chance to build your skills and network, and make you a more attractive candidate to potential employers. - Consider temp or contract work: If you're having trouble finding a full-time role, consider taking on temporary or contract work. This can help you build your skills and experience, and give you a better chance of finding a full-time job in the future. - Keep learning: Make sure you continue to keep up with new technologies and developments in your field. This will help you stay relevant and make you a more competitive candidate. Finally, don't lose hope and stay positive. Finding the right job can take time, but if you continue to put yourself out there and take advantage of the opportunities available to you, you will eventually find the right role for you. Hope this helps.