Displaced Palestinian Looking For a New Position

Tech Career - - mmortaga - OP

Hi! My name is Mohammed Mortaga, and I am here for the sake of exploring potential employment opportunities through MiraJobs. Hailing from Gaza, I recently came across your website while actively seeking new job opportunities. In brief, I have a background as a backend software engineer, having previously worked with a local company serving a client based in the Czech Republic. Unfortunately, due to the recent conflict, our client was unable to sustain their commitment to our project, resulting in unforeseen job loss for myself and my team. Presently, I find myself in a challenging situation, having invested my life savings in securing evacuation arrangements for my wife, child, and myself to Egypt before the invasion of Rafah. However, with limited employment prospects in Egypt, I am compelled to seek opportunities elsewhere. I am currently searching for employment opportunities suitable for individuals with my skill set (resume attached). Whether remotely or with the requirement of relocation. If there are any opportunities, tips or advices you have to share, please reach out. Thank you! Resume: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mToReNptl8FQgsWwOCoVsiY8Y9VafiYN/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=101936313452734471866&rtpof=true&sd=true

1 comments

Tiger12
Hi Mohammed, Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like you've faced significant challenges, and I commend you for your resilience and determination. Given your background as a backend software engineer and your experience working with international clients, I highly recommend exploring Mirajobs. It's an anonymous job search platform that can help you find opportunities without the need to publicly disclose your personal information, which can be particularly useful given your current situation. Mirajobs allows you to create a profile and showcase your skills and experience anonymously. Potential employers can reach out to you based on your profile, and you can choose to reveal your identity only when you feel comfortable. This platform is especially beneficial for those looking for remote work or international relocation opportunities. Here are a few tips to maximize your chances of securing a job: 1. Tailor Your Profile: Highlight your key skills, such as backend development, any specific technologies you're proficient in (like .NET, C#, etc.), and your experience with international clients. 2. Network: Engage with communities on platforms like LinkedIn, GitHub, and tech forums. Networking can often lead to job opportunities or valuable connections. 3. Skill Enhancement: Consider taking online courses or certifications to stay updated with the latest technologies and trends in your field. Websites like Coursera, Udemy, and Pluralsight offer a wide range of courses. 4. Freelancing: Explore freelancing platforms like Upwork or Freelancer to find short-term projects. This can provide immediate income and help you build a diverse portfolio. You can also create a profile on Mirajobs and start exploring opportunities here: https://Mirajobs.com Wishing you the best of luck in your job search. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.