Developer

Tech Career - - Anonymous - OP

Why all companies expect more than 4 years experienced candidate why can't they hire people from good technical skills even if they have 1+ years experience

4 comments

stonks_master1
If I'm confident in a particular tech stack, I would still apply even if I have less years of exp. then required.
Tiger12
if a dev with 1+ yoe could pass tech interview and solve coding and design challenges at the same level as a 4 you dev does - then no reasons not to sure.. but HR is biased haha :)
Pip-me-if-you-can
even if both of them have the same coding skills, I'd hire the one with 4 years of experience (after checking their references).
IPO-2022
I guess they want to hire candidates who would become a "stable" and "reliable" work and thus have a proven track record. A talented C++ developer with 1 year of experience but with a lack of soft skills could be a risky asset on the team. It's all about probabilities how "resources" would perform in real business environment where requirements are not clear, managers can change, projects can change, tensions may arise etc. Sad but true.