Bootcamps

Tech Career - - Exelectech - OP

How do employers feel about junior devs who come from boot camps with no prior experience? I have come from an electrical background and taken a huge leap of faith (would love honest opinions from employers).

4 comments

Anthony edited
We have many junior / intern / fresh grad job seekers on Mirajobs, and we do see a significant interest from recruiters to that category of candidates. Also, if you are targeting several domains or roles, you could create multiple job seeker's profiles on https://Mirajobs.com - those all look like independent for recruiters.
Exelectech - OP
I shall build a couple of profiles as I have many interests which would hopefully entice different types of company! Thank you for the suggestion :)
Knight1
I think it depends on the company, but with the current market conditions I believe that many employers shift their focus towards junior developers. I just noticed this article while browsing morning news: https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-jobs-students-tech-software-hiring-earnings-2023-2 As for "no prior" experience, I would strongly suggest to get practice working on tech projects even without being employed. You could start a hobby or a "pet" project, could be an app or a website that does something useful and is publicly available. You could then use it to refer to your practical experience, something like this:
when I was adding unit tests for my test-project.com, I faced an issue that private class members cannot be mocked due to inaccessibility. So I did a research and ended up switching to a different mocking library (or ended up marking those members as "internal" :) ).
I just put an example, I hope you got the idea. Good luck!
Exelectech - OP
Ah fantastic, by the end of the bootcamp I shall have a hosted fullstack project and a team project. Plus I’ve been working on a frontend project using a pre-made API to have a proper play with CSS, just need to build up its functionality. Maybe I should wait until I have these to show off before applying for more jobs!