Best way to find jobs...

Miscellaneous - - SarahPew - OP

I'm looking for a senior level (VP or above) operations job in the tech industry. Things have changed since I was last looking and I'm trying to understand the best way to find a job. I know networking is the best - but what are thoughts on using the "reverse recruiters"? These are entities that job seekers pay to get jobs. Have people had success with them? They are very expensive and offer no guarantees, so I'm curious what the experts here may think. Thank you!

2 comments

Farmazonian
I think that jobseekers should never pay to get a job. I believe it's actually illegal to charge a jobseeker for getting a job in many counties. On the other hand, informational services like resume reviewing or coaching are legal provided that those are not directly related to getting a job.
Anthony
That's correct, employment agencies are not allowed to charge jobseekers to get a job. To clarify, Mirajobs actually operates as a reverse-hiring service - an online marketplace where jobseekers create their anonymous profiles and recruiters reach out to them with job proposals. However, Mirajobs is 100% free for jobseekers, and is currently also free for recruiters.