AWS Layoffs

Tech Career - - LaidOFF - OP

It's been tough since I was laid off from Amazon last month and I have trying to find job opportunities for so long but I haven't gotten any interviews from companies. I am currently on an F1-OPT visa and now only have 2 more months to find a job/ contract work. Can anyone help me/ guide me on what I should be doing to stand out and start getting offers? Any help is appreciated.

2 comments

Yahya
It's been tough since I was laid off from Amazon last month and I have trying to find job opportunities for so long but I haven't gotten any interviews from companies. I am currently on an F1-OPT visa and now only have 2 more months to find a job/ contract work. Can anyone help me/ guide me on what I should be doing to stand out and start getting offers? Any help is appreciated.
Anthony
Sorry to hear about that. Mirajobs is more oriented for passive job search, however it won't hurt to create your job seeker's profile and let employers contact you when there is a matching opportunity. You can start at https://mirajobs.com/signup?role=jobseeker In order to stand out, I'd suggest outlining your experience at Amazon as detailed as possible. If you worked on high-load and/or distributed systems, you should definitely mention that. Also, if you worked on any difficult technical problems, it worth to describe that too. Did you make any improvements to operations? I know first hand that on-call is peculiar at Amazon (as is the culture in general).. Don't forget about the importance of the Achiever pattern, that's usually a concern for recruiters. If you have been rewarded for you work i.e. promoted, assigned extra duties, nominated to participate in a conference etc, you should definitely mention that too. Please let me know if you have any questions, and good luck!